Monday, October 3, 2016

Visual Dynamics: Week 3, Value and Color

During week 3, we continued with our animated dogs. We explored two different techniques to color in the dogs to achieve a 3D look similar to in Pixar movies.

Using gradients:
Using light renders:

We also set up our own photo shoots where we controlled the lighting to produce the effects we want. Since I chose glass objects for my photo shoot's object, I had to do a bit of research online on how to take good photos of glass. I found this tutorial online and it was perfect!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlQwt7_ZXKg 
I didn't need everything from the tutorial, however, it did teach me some cool glass techniques and concepts. For example, it taught me a technique of using two glasses one on top of the other for a reflection effect, and also that if you shine a light on one side of the glass, the refraction will cause that color of light to appear on the opposite side of the glass.

Here is my photo shoot set up:


And here is the result:

After some touching up:
'Pirate Magic'


Last of all, we explored ways to edit, modify, and colorize our photos in PhotoShop. I am proud of how my images turned out:

'Morning Lighting':

'Night Lighting':

'Painted' (Recolorized):

Cool Foreground, Warm Background:

Complementary Colors:

ALL PHOTOS COPYRIGHTED BY KATIE VAN

No comments:

Post a Comment